I just received the press release from The Key Publishing House about the publication of Women Writing on Family, an anthology of how-to articles for female writers who need help navigating the sometimes treacherous waters of family relations in order to write memoirs, essays and creative nonfiction that involves family members.
If you'd care to share the information on your blog or with writer friends, please let me know and I'll forward the press release. Here's the official description:
Women Writing on Family: Tips on Writing, Teaching and Publishing provides guidance and insight for women who write about family. Award winning women writers from all walks of life share their experiences in planning, composing, editing, publishing, teaching, and promoting work in a variety of writing genres. Readers will learn to tackle sensitive family issues and avoid pitfalls in memoir writing, poetry, fiction, and others. Filled with tips, exercises, and anecdotes, this anthology is appropriate for both well-seasoned writers and those just beginning.
My essay is titled Family Secrets: How to Reveal What Matters Without Getting Sued, or Shunned. Other articles include:
• The Parent Trap: Five Mistakes to Avoid When Writing Essays about Family by Anne Witkavitch
• Today’s Freelancing Momma: A Look Into the Dual Career of Writing and Motherhood by Daphne Butas
• Using Writing as a Means of Surviving and Transgressing Family Violence and Trauma by Anna Saini
• Mothers and Daughters: Telling Shared Stories by Diane LeBlanc
• From Memoir to Fiction by Dahlma Llanos-Figueroa
• The Roles of Women in Narrative by Mary Rice
• Potential Markets for Family Writings by Rebecca Tolley-Stokes
• On Believing What You Have to Say Is Worth Writing by Sheila Bender
Though the publication date is Jan. 10, 2012, feel free to pre-order through the publisher, The Key Publishing House, or amazon. This book will make a great belated present for all those thousands of women writers out there who are attempting to write their life stories.
Thanks for help spreading the word.